Tuesday, March 10, 2009

stop saying it's in His Name. you are lying. you are betraying us all.

this makes me angry.

If I begin to try and think this through, I get lost. I don't understand how people can be so evil and to claim their evil is righteous.

This is not my faith. these people, these monsters, are not of my faith. They're liars. They're all liars. they take something that was meant to be beautiful and they destroy and distort it and use it to destroy the lives of innocent people, to damage them in deeply hurtful ways.

It took me a long time to believe a person can be a Catholic beyond the Catholic Church. To be cut off from your faith is a horrible and lonely thing. To abandon a child, a child who has been assaulted and abused and violated and whose small, precious, fragile body has been subjected to so much already, including the abortion, because please don't begin to think for even a second that was fun for her, from her faith, to deny her the protection the Man who inspired the entire Church insisted was the right of all children - how can these people call themselves Men of God?

They are NOT of God. Or maybe they are, actually, of God. But there is nothing of Jesus in their words and their beliefs.

They diminish His Name.

As far as I'm concerned, they are not Catholics. I excommunicate them. They have no place in my faith. They are evil.

It's easy to say this faith is not going to do her any favours, it's better for her to be out of it. Yes, objectively, yes this is so. I no longer practice, though I wish in some way I could find my way back to it, but I think it is so corrupted and distorted it is not favourable for a child already so violated to be subjected any further to its hypocrisy and wickedness.
But you just can't excise something so intrinsic to who you are like that in a heartbeat decision and certainly not when you're a child.

I'm glad she went through with it, though unspeakably sorry and angry it was necessary due to the violation of her body by her rapist, I'm glad that her mother supported her, that the doctors supported her (please, a ceasearean? How could a nine year old's body carry two children to term? Evil, stupid, arrogant, pathetic men), and I'm glad they were brave enough and knew what was right enough to do it despite the threat of excommunication. I'm glad the world knows of this and sees the sickness of these evil men exposed and I hope, hope, hope to God she has all the support and love she needs to heal and carry on although she does not have the support of the official body of her faith.

If she wants it still, when it has so desperately and horrendously and unforgiveably betrayed her, I hope she can find it in a place beyond the Church.

But right now I just hope she is surrounded by protection and validation of her choice, the choice she had every inarguable right to make.

No comments: